Rebecca Douglas Photography offers you a style of Wedding and Portrait photography that is spontaneous and true-to-you, not overly trendy.
It's about authenticity and real expressions.

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Woman-Owned businesses

Recent reports say women are starting new businesses at 1.5 times the rate of men. Perhaps it's our innate ability to juggle multiple tasks, think on our feet or lack of fear. Whatever the reasons, women should support woman-owned business when possible. If you are wanting to find a woman-owned business, try this web site BlueSuitMom.com.
Some of my favorites as I've mentioned in past posts are Tatjana Alvegaard (alvegaard.com/) a terrific photographer, Ellen Parker and her amazing bags (web site to come), Jennifer Foege (thejoyfulkitchen.net) with her sage advice on nutrition.

Well, last week I met yet another great Vashon/Tacoma Woman-owned business that I wanted to pass on.
To say that Habitsforming.com (owned and operated by Rochelle Gravance) is another Personal Training company is not even close. I've recently started working with Rochelle and in the first 30 minutes of talking with her, she blew me away. She actually said that I don't have to do Cardio until I'm blue in the face to see results. I was hooked! After looking at her website and blog, I understand now that Habitsforming.com is more about combining exercise methodology, psychology, philosophy, spirituality, (this is not about God), and nutrition to achieve total body and mind wellness.
It's worth the look!