Rebecca Douglas Photography offers you a style of Wedding and Portrait photography that is spontaneous and true-to-you, not overly trendy.
It's about authenticity and real expressions.

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

My Proposal for your Proposal

This is the time of year when those in love start thinking about taking it to the next level, looking at rings, planning the perfect moment.

As most of you know, I shoot engagement portraits and weddings, but I'm missing the beginning piece to the perfect Trilogy...the Proposal. In order to offer a Proposal Session, I need images to show case. For sample images, I need people.

Here is my Proposal for your Proposal:

I am looking for couples who would like to have their wedding proposal photographed (we can also re-stage the proposal). Imagine this scene...Boy brings girl to park on beautiful, sunny day. Photographer secretly sits in waiting on park bench or in bushes at pre-determined spot. Boy gets down on one knee, the question is popped, girl screams with excitement, jumps into boy's arms and screams YES!! All the while photographer in bushes is capturing every moment from afar, and gradually comes in closer to get the tears, kisses and hugs. Meanwhile girl notices photographers, gets a little nervous, asks boy who this stranger is, boy says "Oh yeah, I hired a photographer just in case you said Yes". More tears, more kisses, more hugs, and Presto! boy becomes hero. (This works for girls as well)

If you are getting engaged, or know someone who is, please pass this on to them. I would like to photograph 10 couples and in exchange they will receive a complimentary engagement session with a matted 8x10 fine art print.

This could be really fun!