Rebecca Douglas Photography offers you a style of Wedding and Portrait photography that is spontaneous and true-to-you, not overly trendy.
It's about authenticity and real expressions.

Monday, September 8, 2008

Elevator Speech

I am always asked about what I do for a living. And every time, I am challenged to come up with the perfect 30 second "Elevator Speech". To say I'm a photographer just doesn't give the right impression of what I really do.
Needles to say, I've been working of this quite a bit lately. Here's what I've come up with...

Stranger/Potential Client-"So, What do you do?"

Me-"I'm a wedding and portrait photographer based in the Seattle area."

Stranger-"Oh, interesting." (Blank Stare)

Me-"Actually it is kind of interesting. I made a promise to myself when I started this business 15 years ago that I would give my clients beautiful, fine art images of their loved ones. So, over the years, I've developed a style of imagery that has real heart & soul. I stay away from the cookie-cutter look you get from the box chain-store, ensuring that my clients get a piece of art work that is about them and only them.
It's been really successful so far!
Most of my work ends up being a timeless and cherished wall portrait or a gorgeous custom album. I've been really fortunate to have forged the type of relationship with my clients that lets me watch newborns grow into toddlers, teenagers and young adults. I couldn't ask for a better job!"

Stranger/New Client-"Wow, Do you have a card!?"

Card reads-"Through the simple art of Rebecca Douglas Photography you will fall in love with a child, feel the softness of a kiss and experience the joy of a special day.
Enjoy the Fine Art of Life.
Thank you for your interest."

These images are were done last week in the studio. I swear...he looks just like a young, blond Tom Cruise. The feet shot is my new favorite image! Enjoy!